Software engineer and database architect with 26 years of development experience, specialized in real-time systems and APIs, currently working with Elixir, Phoenix, and React Native. From 🇧🇷, living in Copenhagen 🇩🇰.
Hyper-learner of all kinds of subjects, but mostly focused on learning concept and 3D art in general.
More on About.
Overview of all my current and past projects (startups, open-source, games, courses and more)
- Day 37: Dogs that I loveI modeled the PS1 Dachshund and the rocket last year, and then February this year, I animated the spin animation and added Dogecoin into the texture. I haven’t published this one before and since today was a very exciting day due to Dogecoin hitting $0.45, I think it’s the perfect day to publish this as… Continue reading Day 37: Dogs that I love
- Day 36: Procedural Ornamented WallThe maps applied in a mesh can be seen below. Unfortunately there’s some broken edges (aliased, lots of small triangles), and I discovered I have to tweak the height, blur, curves and tesselation to avoid those artifacts from materials created in Substance Designer. Process
- Day 35: How it really feels at the DentistWent to the dentist today for a simple cleanup. Regardless, I always freak out, and with today’s daily, I made a composition to express what I keep visualizing at the appointment with all the noises and discomforting touches. Process Model Credits Cartoon Drill by Blender Books. Tooth by Mouad.Ech-charfi
- Day 34: Making a Digital Quiller Color WheelI had the book Color Choices laying around and I decided to re-read it now that I’m into art daily. Turns out it’s exactly what I need in this journey. I dedicated some time studying the author’s Color Wheel, which is very popular between traditional art artists. To my surprise, I didn’t find any digital… Continue reading Day 34: Making a Digital Quiller Color Wheel
- Day 33: Substance Designer First Contact – Procedural CeilingLove at first sight with Substance Designer. Following a tutorial. Process
- Day 32: Yellow House Heavy Paint StyleI picked up the house I made on Day 29 and tried to paint it using the HEAVY PAINT style. Some colors inspired by gouaches from James Gurney.
- Day 31: Animatronic Frog Plays At NightInspired by a concept art made by Varguy. Frames Process
- Day 30: Thirty days of Dailies. What have I learned so far?30 days ago I started my project “Dailies” in order to improve at digital art. A few days later, the focus broadened to allow creating a creative thing per day, from scratch, every day, in order to fight against perfectionism. Now, 30 days later, my intent is still to improve at art and to fight… Continue reading Day 30: Thirty days of Dailies. What have I learned so far?
- Day 29: Children’s Drawing Squared House and CarMy wife found in Skagen – Denmark, a rectangular and squared yellow house and a white car, just like children’s drawings – she even said: “oh this is how I used to draw houses and cars”! She got so excited about her finding that she took many photos and got very happy with it. To… Continue reading Day 29: Children’s Drawing Squared House and Car
- Day 28: New video: tools to explain anything and have fewer meetingsRecorded, edited, and published the accompanying video of the article that I wrote for daily 12: Free tools you can use to explain ANYTHING without having to make a call. The article is in English, so I made the video in Portuguese, this way I can cover both of my languages (and also publish to… Continue reading Day 28: New video: tools to explain anything and have fewer meetings
- Day 27: Cute Frog but wrong InterpolationI modeled and textured this cute frog following the concept and video Blender for Beginners: Easy Froggy! by Mar (@marcelaylucin). After I finished the video, I rigged and weight painted it by myself. I animated a waving animation, and then I changed the interpolation by mistake. Since it looks like a badly made animatronic coming… Continue reading Day 27: Cute Frog but wrong Interpolation
- Day 26: Life on the SpectrumApril: Autism Awareness Month / Autism Acceptance Month. Autism Spectrum Soup: Just like ingredients in a soup, there are many different traits and amounts of each in each individual.” Source Process
- Day 25: The Day we got Stranded in the SandBased on a real situation that happened to me in Skagen – Denmark. “Maria vai com as outras“. References Process UPDATE: Post-processing Review I shouldn’t work again on finished dailies, but for this one, I decided to review the post-processing. The original has a lot of hard edges, I softened them here and also added… Continue reading Day 25: The Day we got Stranded in the Sand
- Day 24: 80s Wireframe Chiptune SyncedAdded music and audio sync animation to the daily 22. Resources Chiptune loop: HIGH ENERGY CHIPTUNE ♫ Biscuits – Evan King Syncing audio using shape keys: Easy Lip Syncing, Automated Puppet-style || Blender 2.83 by Joey Carlino Process
- Day 23: Church under the Sand (Denmark)
- Day 22: Cliché 80s Wireframe AnimationResource used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnLsktA4gmY
- Day 21: C4D First Contact RIPProcess
- Day 20: Light Path SalvationInspiration from Twitter. Process
- 0019: Geometry Nodes Exploding Chiptune SunDownload uncompressed video. Music from HIGH ENERGY CHIPTUNE ♫ Biscuits – Evan King.
- Custom Preferences, Libraries, and Plugins Folders in Cinema 4DAll folders used by Cinema 4D can be pointed to a custom path, even the Preferences and Default libraries/browser directories, this is possible by adding some Environment Variables and adding a single parameter to the Cinema 4D shortcut (this is how you can move away from the C:/ hard drive and away from the AppData… Continue reading Custom Preferences, Libraries, and Plugins Folders in Cinema 4D
- 0018: Is it Juice or Cheese?
- 0017: Mood Swing AnimationLucas Zanotto is one of my favorite artists. He makes minimalistic animations around mental health (specially bipolarity). As a bipolar myself, I’m very fond of those animations. To my surprise, I saw that he released a course. To my disappointment, the course is taught around Cinema 4D. So, before buying the course (since I use… Continue reading 0017: Mood Swing Animation
- Dailies RulesCreate a new creative piece of work every day, from start to finish: art, code, text, video, music, photo, etc., no matter whether physical or digital. It doesn’t matter whether what was created looks good or not. I can always improve (or get worse) the next day. Why? Initially, the mission was to create a… Continue reading Dailies Rules
- 0016: Surprised with my inverted reflection in a bowlSo, today I got really surprised when I noticed in a kitchen bowl, how my own reflection would appear mirrored down up to the middle point of the bowl and from the middle point to the bottom, I would appear mirrored without distortion. My wife was laughing at me and even took a photo. Inspired… Continue reading 0016: Surprised with my inverted reflection in a bowl
- 0015: Learning 3D Lighting is FunFinally starting to learn lights and lighting! Also remember: deal with the scene Exposure, instead of trying to “explode” the power of the lights. I always imagined how to get soft lights, since my renders always had hard lights, and now I know. PS: How the heck can I reduce noises in Cycles? The denoiser… Continue reading 0015: Learning 3D Lighting is Fun
- 0014: Eyes in the DarknessInspired by this video.
- 0013: Old 90’s CD-Rom cover recreated in BlenderI recreated an old magazine Ad / CD-ROM cover in Blender. This is probably the most fun I’ve had in Blender so far (more than PS1-like modeling which is my favorite). The old reference cover was posted by @moshboy. The trickiest part for me was getting configuring the camera and getting the right angle and… Continue reading 0013: Old 90’s CD-Rom cover recreated in Blender
- 0012: New article: Free tools you can use to explain ANYTHING without having to make a callTired of meetings and Zoom calls? I wrote an extensive article + tutorial on how you can explain anything digitally using a few free software and tools, without having to resort to meetings or calls. After you learn what I show in the article, you will be able to apply “that meeting could’ve been an… Continue reading 0012: New article: Free tools you can use to explain ANYTHING without having to make a call
- 0011: Edited and Published a new fishing videoFor this daily, I edited and published a new video on my daddy’s YouTube channel, Pesca Dinâmica. Check the Entertainment section in the Projects menu to know more about the channel.
- 0010: Meatball Asteroid Pulsing FieldProcedural shading done in Blender, without any help from tutorials this time – it’s still far from good, but it’s a start. Post processing in Photoshop.