Software engineer and database architect with 26 years of development experience, specialized in real-time systems and APIs, currently working with Elixir, Phoenix, and React Native. From 🇧🇷, living in Copenhagen 🇩🇰.
Hyper-learner of all kinds of subjects, but mostly focused on learning concept and 3D art in general.
More on About.
Overview of all my current and past projects (startups, open-source, games, courses and more)
- Day 68: Abandoned Observatory Textures RippedThis is taking longer than anticipated. But the next step is done: texture sheet for the observatory. Ripped with Shoebox. Process
- Day 67: Abandoned Underwater Observatory ModeledModeled a abandoned underwater observatory, stick to a grid, the intention is to make a PS1-like building. Process
- Day 66: Stylized Grass with Material MakerLearning resource: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbeB0YHxZQQ Process
- Day 65: Material Maker First ContactMaterial Maker is a free and open-source alternative to Substance Designer. Of course, a lot of features are missing (and there’s no Undo), but Material Maker is still a wonderful software made by just ONE person! And still, it’s quite powerful. I followed the official intro and made a procedural brick material. What I liked… Continue reading Day 65: Material Maker First Contact
- Day 64: Sci-Fi Table UV MappedNext step from daily: Day 61: Low Poly Sci-Fi Breakfast Table. Process
- Day 63: Video about UV, UV unwrapping, and mappingI decided to record a video about UV fundamentals and concepts. I tried to simplify the concepts as much as I could and I think I did a good job with it. I used a physical box, cereal bar and teddy bear to explain it.
- Day 62: Blender UV Mapping RefresherFrom time to time, it seems I completely forget everything about UV Mapping. It is still the 3D skill that I’m the least knowledgeable about, especially on how to avoid stretched textures. So today I took a UV Mapping and Wrapping refresher. Process
- Day 61: Low Poly Sci-Fi Breakfast TableModeled props for a breakfast PS1 scene – still not textured. Learning resource: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVl9N20Tt8Y Process
- Day 60: Video about my 2 Months of DailiesUp until today I still haven’t talked about my Dailies on my main YouTube channel. So today, since it’s a very special day, in which I reached 60 days of doing a piece of digital and 3D art per day, I recorded and explained the project to my Portuguese-speaking audience.
- Day 59: Colorful Seamless Wood TextureFound a colorful tree bark today, took a photo and tried to make it seamless with Gimp Offset + Clone tool (down to 256×256 resolution). Reference
- Day 58: Ape HODL AMC versus Greedy HedgieInspired by a cartoon with an unfortunate unreadable signature (if you know the author, please let me know), I created a 3D composition of it and adjusted it to current events (AMC short squeeze incoming). The whole army of diamond hands apes holding AMC against short selling hedge funds. Reference Details Credits Idea, composition, texture… Continue reading Day 58: Ape HODL AMC versus Greedy Hedgie
- Day 57: AMC Building TexturedToday was one of those days in which I feel that I lost all my abilities. It took me a long time to unwrap yesterday’s model and then more time to texture it and in the end, the result is unsatisfactory. I went to the PS1-look road, again, but this is not even close. Process
- Day 56: AMC Theater Base MeshModeling a cool building of an AMC Theater. Reason? $AMC. Due to excitement with the $AMC stock, I lost track of time and haven’t managed to texture the model today. I could only allocate time to model it. Reference Process
- Day 55: Low Poly Man BodyContinuing from yesterday’s head, I modeled the body. Again, not completely perfect, but fits a PS1 model perfectly. It’s actually even too high poly. Process
- Day 54: Low Poly Human HeadWhen modeling things like these, I remember why in the first place I avoid modeling the human figure. Even with reference, it’s hard to get something accurate. Anyway, I think it turned out ok, considering I want it for PS1-like models. Process
- Day 53: Substance Designer Color Map (Base and Metalic)Finally came back to my first Substance Designer project. This time, create the colormap for the ceiling, with a bit of metallic and roughness in the lamps. It’s crazy how you can fine-tune even the colors of details and the metalness of these details. Process
- Day 52: Recorded and published a new kind of video to my YouTube channelMy wife played one of my games for the first time, we recorded the reaction and it was edited and published today to my gamedev channel, Cria Jogo.
- Day 51: Play Station 1 Trimsheet EnvironmentLittle PS1-like island, with real-time shadows and light. Learning resource: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcmO6Sxmq14 Process
- Day 50: Further The Spectrum Soup fixes and media materialI finally fixed the “no hear” pose, because the arms were still merging into the body. I also added a “go back to museum” mechanism, created GIFs and re-exported the covers/banners, with the new fixed “no hear”. Play it on Itch.io
- Day 49: Fixes and Additions to my game The Spectrum SoupCreative work today was all about fixing my Autistic Museum game, The Spectrum Soup. Fixes: Increased mouse sensitivity F to continue dialog, instead of Enter Fixed some typos Adjusted the “no hear” position, which previously the arms were merging with the body Added: New music Sound effects and sound cues Footstep sounds
- Day 48: PS1 Silent Hill inspired Terrain in Blender, grid perfectLearning Resource: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcmO6Sxmq14
- Day 47: Developed my LDJam 48 Game “The Spectrum Soup”After 3 days of work, alone, the game is finished, 2 hours short of the end of the Jam from Ludum Dare 48! A game about diving deep into what happens in the everyday actions of someone on the Autism Spectrum Disorder. An exploration of the ingredients, traits, and thoughts of an autistic mind. A game about mental disorders and… Continue reading Day 47: Developed my LDJam 48 Game “The Spectrum Soup”
- Day 46: Final PS1 Art for Ludum DareFinished the art for Ludum Dare 48. A human base mesh has been rigged from scratch and I created one static pose so far (need 12).
- Day 45: PS1 Props for Ludum DareI’m taking part on the 48th Ludum Dare Game Jam and I’m making a PS1 stylized 3D Game. Today I did most of the props. Process
- Day 44: Colorful Insect
- Day 43: IK RefresherIn ancitipation to Ludum Dare this Saturday. This was frustrating. Hopefully, I won’t forget it anymore. Process Extend from the tail of the leg bone Clear parent (ALT+P) Add pole target (add 3D cursor and then SHIFT+A to add a bone) Uncheck Deform from Pole Target Go to Pose Mode, select FIRST the IK bone,… Continue reading Day 43: IK Refresher
- Day 42: The Journey to Make a Game in 3 Days – A Ludum Dare DocumentaryApril last year, I participated in the game jam Ludum Dare, where I created a game from scratch in 72 hours. Everything was created from zero by me: art, coding, sounds, and more. I recorded everything and now, one year later, 3 days before the next Ludum Dare, I edited and published a mini-documentary showing… Continue reading Day 42: The Journey to Make a Game in 3 Days – A Ludum Dare Documentary
- Day 41: Blender Suzanne PaintedHow smooth can we get Suzanne from Blender? And then how stylized?
- Day 40: PS1 TreeA model from scratch from one of my favorite styles – PlayStation 1 stylized 3D art! Process
- Day 39: Trying Natural Stylistic 3D Paint OversI picked Day 25: The Day we got Stranded in the Sand and tried to make it look like it has been sketched a long time ago. I initially followed a Photoshop tutorial and then did additional tweaks by myself. Not satisfied, still looks like automated filters.