- Founded July/2015 and still active, albeit temporarily offline.
- Raised almost USD 500,000.
- All in one platform where companies of all sizes can build, deploy and manage chatbots and transactional processes.
- To make it easy for small businesses, we made ready to use templates for common scenarios of customer support and e-commerce pipelines.
- Fred also has a platform for developers, with a visual drag and drop process builder, built-in scripting with Lua and a visual API HTTP gateway.
- I participated in the proof of concept edition of Shark Tank Brasil, which was called “Million Dollar Elevator” before they got licensed. The episode with my participation can be seen on my personal YouTube channel.
- To the investors, I talked about my initial success with my MVP of Fred. They all refused.
- The investment I got for Fred has nothing to do with my participation on Shark Tank.
- I participated in the official “Big Brother Brasil Hackathon”, inside the official Big Brother Brasil’s house and studio. In the official video, I appear in different spots of the video (first appearance at 0:25, here).
- My team and I got second place, which guaranteed some top tier media contacts. This contact led me to a publication about the Fred MVP on a huge Brazilian tech site, which finally attracted the attention of serious investors.
- From 2014 to 2015.
- Food delivery POS and chatbot solution for small business.
- The chatbot was implemented using an unofficial WhatsApp API, and raised a lot of attention in Brazil, which eventually led to Fred, as detailed here.
- Schedule and pay veterinary and pet services appointments online. Afterwards, you could go directly to your appointment, without wait.
- Listing of all veterinaries and petshops by region.
- Find doctors and practices, schedule and pay medical appointments and exams online.
- Tailored for the low income Brazilian population that didn’t have a health plan. We had agreements with doctors to allow paying appointments from 20 to 80% cheaper than their normal prices.
- For the business side, we provided a simple ERP system to the doctors and practices.
- This startup was very ahead of its time, by the time we launched, the low income population in Brazil still didn’t have mobile phones and not even credit cards. Nowadays there are dozens of similar solutions, where some of them are valued at prices that go above US$ 50 million.
- Not necessarily a startup, it was an educational project company.
- My wife and I would go to schools and companies to teach basic herpetology and the importance of snakes to the ecosystem.
- In our talks, we would bring from 2 to 4 Boa constrictor snakes (which were our pets) and after the talk we allowed everyone to take a photo with the snake.
- It was a profitable business, but the reliance on live animals and the increasing veterinary bills was making me very uncomfortable, so I sold all the reptile pets and the business (for a small price, unfortunately).