In ancitipation to Ludum Dare this Saturday. This was frustrating. Hopefully, I won’t forget it anymore.
- Extend from the tail of the leg bone
- Clear parent (ALT+P)
- Add pole target (add 3D cursor and then SHIFT+A to add a bone)
- Uncheck Deform from Pole Target
- Go to Pose Mode, select FIRST the IK bone, then the leg bone
- Then SHIFT+CONTROL+C and choose IK
- Select the leg bone and adjust the IK constraint values
- If the bones are not rotating when moving the IK, reset the chain length.
Parenting and Assigning Bones
- Symmetrize the armature in edit mode (select all bones first)
- Object mode, select the mesh/human/whatever, then shift+click armature
- CTRL+P and choose with weights or empty groups