My first 100% hand-painted texture since I started the Dailies. All other textures I made are mostly photo textures projected, post-processed, stitched, stenciled, and with hand painting here and there. This one was 100% painted. Way harder and a bit stressful, to be honest, due to not having experience with it at all, but I… Continue reading Day 143: Undercity Skull Sign Hand Painted (WoW PS1)
With the lessons learned in the dailies Day 132: Horde Catapult Rigged (Blender Linked Data Complexity) and Day 133: Rigging Mechanism to Rotate Wheels, today I managed to animate the catapult. The wheels are rotated via a single controller, connected via a “Transformation” constraint. And this controller is connected to the root bone via another… Continue reading Day 134: Horde Catapult Shoot Animation
After a lot of thinkering, I learned and managed a way to rotate a bone (for example, for a wheel), using another bone as the controller, by adding a Transformation constraint, which I’ve never used before. TL;DR; Blender Transformative constraint in a bone / armature to rotate/spin wheels. Today’s daily, also made me take a… Continue reading Day 133: Rigging Mechanism to Rotate Wheels
This is probably the hardest time I’ve had with a rig so far. It’s so simple, yet so complex. Reasons and steps taken: The catapult was assembled with multiple copies of Linked objects and all of them had Modifiers. Each object (wheel, spike, body, arm and basket) were separate, with their own UV map and… Continue reading Day 132: Horde Catapult Rigged (Blender Linked Data Complexity)
This turned out very satisfying. It took a long time because I really enjoyed playing around with different textures, finding the “right” wood and metal, etc. Process
I imported it into Godot and added a nice sound effect, but unfortunately, it was too annoying to export. So I am posting this daily as this silent GIF.